[mapserver-users] RE: fixed label size in map units

deduikertjes DeDuikertjes at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 15 02:47:27 EDT 2010

Steve, thank you

Labels as symbols doesn't seem to be a good option as my labels can extent
to a length of 7 characters. At least I can't think of a good way.

It isn't really necessary to specify the size in map units. In points or
whatever is also OK as long as the labels remain fixed in size, and this
size can be derived from the map units.

Is is possible to created a fixed label size at all (fixed in relation to
the map so that a label is always the same size in meters on the map)?

MArco