[mapserver-users] Re: WFS GetFeature on Mapserver doesn't work

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Apr 15 04:16:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I do not use PostGIS. I suppose that your GetFeature is working now (and if you check again the GetCapabilities your layer is probably on the list), but Mapserver just does not find data and therefore it is sending a valid, but empty FeatureCollection.

Myself I would start by copying the WFS mapfile from the http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html and placing some of my own shapefiles to be used as DATA. Then I would check the GetCapabilities and GetFeature and I wouldn't give up before they both work. After that I could be sure that Mapserver WFS service is working.  Next, I would continue to database layers and other more challenging things.  Change only one thing at a time, so you know immediately where the error is if your service stops working for you.

-Jukka-

sunny74 wrote:

> Hi Rahkonen,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> You had rightly pointed out that DUMP TRUE was missing.
> On inserting it The output of GetFeature changed to the following:
>
> <wfs:FeatureCollection xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver
> http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:/Delhi1_wfs_post
gres.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0> &REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=delhi_district&OUTPUTFOR