[mapserver-users] Problem with using MapServer

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Apr 15 07:35:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

Error seems to be somehow related to symbols.  There may be some typo in
your symbols.txt file.  However, you do not need symbols in the
beginning, so try what happens if you comment out the symbols:
 #SYMBOLSET ../etc/symbols.txt

-Jukka Rahkonen-

	Pier Nardin  wrote:

	I have created a sample Mapserver .map file with information
about my map data as follows:

	MAP
	  NAME World
	  STATUS ON
	  SIZE 400 300
	  SYMBOLSET ../etc/symbols.txt
	  EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
	  UNITS DD
	  SHAPEPATH "data"
	  IMAGECOLOR 0 0 0

	  WEB
	    IMAGEPATH "C:/OSGeo4W/tmp/ms_tmp/"
	    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
	  END

	  LAYER
	    NAME WorldLayer
	    TYPE POLYGON
	    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
	    CONNECTION "data/world.Tab"
	    STATUS ON
	  END

	END

	When I call MapServer with the url:

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?MAP=C:\OSGeo4W\apps\ramm-demo\ramm.
map&SERVICE=wms&VERSION=1.1.1&LAYERS=WorldLayer&REQUEST=GetMap&BBOX=-180
,-90,180,90&FORMAT=image/png&WIDTH=400&HEIGHT=300

	I get the following error instead of an image:

	getString(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near
('):(line 16)

	Would anyone know were my mistake is?

	Pier Nardin