[mapserver-users] Does Mapserver WCS 1.0.0 respect OFFSITE of tileindex layer?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Apr 19 09:03:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to push some imagery through WCS version 1.0.0 and Mapserver
version 5.2.1.  The layer (coverage), is made from reprojected,
uncompressed tiff files which are combined to Mapserver LAYER through
tileindex.  Due to reprojection they have offsite areas which have been
set to RGB: 0 0 0 when saved from gdalwarp.  Check with gdalinfo
confirms this.  Mapfile LAYER includes row OFFSITE 0 0 0.  The layer
behaves fine through WMS but when I save images to geotiffs from WCS
services the offsite areas are not transparent but black.  My geotiff
outputformat is

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "GEOTIFF"
    DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"
    MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
    IMAGEMODE "BYTE"
    EXTENSION "tif"
  END

and WCS request like
http://localhost/cgi-bin/wcs?SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCovera
ge&COVERAGE=TILEINDEX&FORMAT=image/tiff&CRS=EPSG:3067&ResX=0.5&ResY=0.5&
BBOX=309688,6700284,313688,6704284

Should I advertise the source NODATA value in some other way for WCS?

-Jukka Rahkonen-