[mapserver-users] Does Mapserver WCS 1.0.0 respect OFFSITE of tileindex layer?

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Mon Apr 19 15:58:07 EDT 2010

Hello Jukka

your assumption how the the OFFSITE tag is applied for the WCS output is
also what I would have expected it to do. I probably did not notice this
strange behaviour since my set ups of WCS only used non-overlapping
tiles (for WMS I use overlapping tiles and the OFFSITE works fine).

Just an idea (I never tried it): maybe you could try to use a VRT image
instead of the tileindex. At least since Gdal 1.7 there is the tool
"gdalbuildvrt" that has the options "-srcnodata" and "-vrtnodata" which
might do what you want.

All tests I made so far with VRT images worked quite fine, they were
exactly treated as a single image. I don't know if the speed might be a
bit slower, but WCS is typically slow anyway, so it should not cause
problems.

Greetings
Armin