[mapserver-users] Small survey

Lars Lingner ml at lingner.eu
Tue Apr 20 02:31:48 EDT 2010

Milo van der Linden schrieb:
> Hello Oliver,
>
> The national government geo-initiative (geonovum) in the Netherlands is
> doing a survey on tiling. I would like to fill in the answers to the
> following questions:
>
> Does mapserver support WMS-C and what version?
>
> Does mapserver support TMS and what version?
>
> Does mapserver support WMTS and what version?
>
> Does mapserver support Google and what version?
>
> Does mapserver support Bing and what version?
>
> Does mapserver support KML and what version?
>
> Does mapserver support ArcGIS Servber and what version?
>
> Does mapserver support Oracle MapViewer and what version?
>
> Any remarks?
>
> Could someone help me fill in these questions?

There are some documents about supported OGC standards in MapServer:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/MapServerOGCCITECompliance

And also interesting are the input and output formats:

http://mapserver.org/output/index.html#output
http://mapserver.org/output/index.html#input

Mentioned are ArcInfo and ArcSDE, Oracle Spatial, Tilemode Googlemaps

For KML I found an RFC: http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-58.html

Although I'm not really answering your questions, maybe it helps you
find the right answer.

Lars