[mapserver-users] Mapscript c# VS 2010 framework 4 and memory leaks

James Perrins james.perrins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:32:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've been struggling with memory errors doing fairly simple things
(e.g. mapObj not populating properly - I could normally render a map
image - but not work with the layers for example).

This was in VS 2010 targeting .NET framework 4 - all appeared to work
OK - in fact all did work OK within visual studio - but started to
fall apart when run directly from a compiled exe.

I tried a range of DLLs (including last stable version from
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/index.html) and used dependency
walker to check all was in place.

As a test I moved everything back to VS 2008 / 3.5 and it all worked -
so I can only assume that maybe I need to get a version of teh
MapScript c# dll built for framework 4 - does this make sense?

I would dearly love to stay with 3.5 - but unfortunately we need a new
component from 4.0

Can anyone point me at a dll compiled for .NET 4 - or reassure me taht
is should be relatively simple for me to tackle from the source!

Many Thanks
James