[mapserver-users] Re: Mapscript c# VS 2010 framework 4 and memory leaks

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:54:10 EDT 2010

2010/4/22 James Perrins <JamesP at esdm.co.uk>

> However - unfortunately after all this - it doesn't seem to make any
> difference to the original problems with the memory errors.  I had hoped by
> compiling to CLR 4 these would go but they haven't.  So I'm back to square
> one - it doesn't work with CLR 4.
>
> Any other ideas whey there might be memory issues ?

I suspect it may be due to the fact that many dependent dll-s may refer to
different CRT libraries since multiple compilers have been used. For more
information about this topic see my related blogpost: Redistribution of the
shared C runtime component in Visual
C++<http://szekerest.blogspot.com/2010/02/redistribution-of-shared-c-runtime.html>

It would be reasonable to test with a consistent build, where all the
dependecies have been compiled with the same compiler. I'll be trying to
extend the SDK packages <http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/> with the VS2010
versions soon.

Best regards,

Tamas