[mapserver-users] OSM with mapserver-utils and WMS

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Apr 27 10:13:02 EDT 2010

Radim Blazek wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to use OSM data with a mapfile built using mapserver-utils but
> because it contains multiple layers with the same name (one for each
> scale) WMS requests return:
>
>  msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid layer(s) given in
> the LAYERS parameter.
>
> which is probably correct. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a
> simple workaround to get it working?

Hi Radim,

In WMS mode, when multiple layers have the same name, they are renamed
to make them unique (a number is added to the end). If you do a
GetFeatureInfo you will see the new names.

If you want multiple layers to be turned on using a common name, you
could use the GROUP setting. That's how we normally handle
scale-dependent layers for a common theme in WMS mode.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/