[mapserver-users] Re: Invalid Layer(s) in Layer parameter

Lars Lingner ml at lingner.eu
Thu Apr 29 11:15:07 EDT 2010

Tonton schrieb:
>> Hello
>>
>> i try to make WebMapping with mapserver/Openlayer
>>
>> i meet some trouble with projection and extent  because i have blank map in
>> Qgis request
>> it is working on SIS cardcorp
>>
>> *with getmap request *
>>
>> http://geomap/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/geomod/test.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=
>> *1.1.1*&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=Parcelles :
>> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">−
>> <ServiceException code="MissingParameterValue">
>> msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. *Missing required parameter SRS
>> *

Reading the error message, I would try to add parameter SRS  like

&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=Parcelles&SRS=EPSG:27572

But you'll need a few more parameters:

&BBOX=minx,miny,maxx,maxy  <- replace with your values
&WIDTH=300
&Height=200
&FORMAT=image/png
&STYLES=''

>> *in openlayer:*
>>
>> WMS server error Invalid Layer(s) given in LAYER parameter
>>
>> May be i forgot somthing to define in my web or layer Object ?

Maybe. Can you show the request URL or your layer definition in
OpenLayers? You have to match the layername defined in you map file.

Lars

PS: There is no need to double post your issue. Give people time to
answer or try to be more specific in your description.