[mapserver-users] vector pdf output

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Aug 4 16:39:54 EDT 2010

On 03/08/2010 5:03 PM, Worth Lutz wrote:
> Does MapServer support vector PDF output??
> Also I am experimenting on ver. 5.6.3 with pdf output and am getting
> some output but it does not look like the png output.  I also have not
> yet figured out why I sometimes get nothing for some layers.  Still
> experimenting...
> Can anyone point me to some examples?
> Is the cairo/pdf output available in the svn trunk?  If I compile that
> will I be able to experiment with it?  Any advise on trying that?
If you want to experiment, you should try using the version in the
sandbox (http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/sandbox/mapserver6/), instead of
trunk. This sandbox  will eventually be merged to trunk Ii uses the
cairo library for the pdf output From what I can see, It seems to be in
a good shape. Note that the imagetype to use is pdf.
You can see an example of a pdf generated at

best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yassefa at dmsolutions.ca