[mapserver-users] How to use an ArcGIS geocoding service

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Fri Aug 13 16:30:59 EDT 2010

I'm building a PHP/MapServer application which needs to perform
geocoding.  I'm aware that MapServer itself does not geocode.  I intend
to use a geocoding service hosted on ArcGIS Server.

The intent is to have input boxes where the user can enter an address,
send this to the geocoding service, and have it return coordinates of
the location.

Can anyone point me to an example of how to do this with PHP/Mapscript?

Bob Bistrais, GISP
Maine Office of Information Technology