[mapserver-users] 5.6.5 not compiling, some weird linker error

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Aug 19 21:35:47 EDT 2010

> Jump on my server gis.imaptools.com (it is Debian).
> I just downloaded 5.6.5 and built it with no problem.

Good, good. Too bad I can't advise the customer to throw out everything
he's ever done and go with Debian. (ha ha) In the meantime, I used
--with=agg=no, so he can at least start testing his mapfiles with the
new syntax and features.

Now, an interesting thing which may be a clue: if I compile AGG 2.4 into
some temporary directory, and give --with-agg=/tmp/agg-2.4 this exact
same error occurs with MapServer 5.2.3 and 5.4.2

I would suspect that the issue is that some component on the system
(Slamd64 11.0) is too old, perhaps even old and buggy, as we can
successfully compile 5.6 on newer systems. But narrowing down which
component it could be, is so far baffling me.

Does anyone with more-in-depth developer knowledge know where I'd start
looking to find this out? Something about AGG's linking...

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."