[mapserver-users] WMS Orthophoto performance

Cédric MOULLET cedric.moullet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 14:08:06 EDT 2010

Hi,
Thanks for your answers ! We have tried to improve the WMS service based on
your feedbacks and were able to significantly improve (factor 6) the speed
of the wms by creating a physical pyramid of uncompressed tif file (every
tif file with a size of 2048x2048 pixels). With that, the image creation
time (for a 1024*800px image) was reduced from 3 seconds to 0.5 second.
And of course, I'd like to see more WMTS REST service ;-)
Cédric