[mapserver-users] Re: Clipping returned WFS data to the requesting bounding box

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Thu Dec 2 04:31:11 EST 2010

On 2010-12-02 6:04, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
>   I'd advocate binding a few variables like extent and scale to expressions with a special syntax. For example, [_minx] or something like that. RFC 64 makes it much easier to extend expressions like this.

I would certainly like to have that. If I remember well, there has been
a discussion about this long ago, but people thought it was too
difficult to implement back then, because it would require two passes
through the data. Being able to request things like extent and bounding
box directly from a template pattern, at the same time as the actual map
request, would simplify MapServer's query logic a lot.

Jan