[mapserver-users] OGR Join To MS-Access Without Using ODBC

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Dec 3 09:56:16 EST 2010

James,

   Is it the ODBC system you don't want to use, or just the need to
create an ODBC DataSource?  To avoid creating a DataSource, I tried
using ogrinfo (v1.7.1) on the command line:

ogrinfo ODBC:"Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};Dbq=t_505033.mdb",basic basic

and that worked.  But the need for quoting caused mapserver v5.6.3 to
crash when I tried single quotes around the ODBC portion:

DATA "SELECT * FROM t_505033 LEFT JOIN ODBC:'Driver={Microsoft Access
Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=G\GeoData\Parcels\Alberta\t_505033.mdb'.basic ON
t_505033.PID=basic.PID"

or

     DATA "SELECT * FROM t_505033 LEFT JOIN 'ODBC:Driver={Microsoft
Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=G\GeoData\Parcels\Alberta\t_505033.mdb'.basic
ON t_505033.PID=basic.PID"

I wonder if there is a way to escape the double quotes in the DATA object?

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser