[mapserver-users] WFS GetFeature Help...

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Dec 5 06:00:27 EST 2010

Hi,

The link seems to work and it gives me XML back.  However, Saha made a non-standard request with WFS 1.0.0. and outputformat=gml3. Mapserver sends back data with geometries using GML3, but I am not sure if the output is totally valid.
A snippet from the output shows that the schemaLocation in this GML3 file points to WFS 1.0.0 schema

<ms:msFeatureCollection version="1.0.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver http://www.dharmawan.web.id/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/dharmawa/www/map_file/fix.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=kecamatan&OUTPUTFORMAT=SFE_XMLSCHEMA">

Doing DescribeFeatureType by using that URL gives:
<import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml" schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/2.1.2/feature.xsd"/>

However, gml in the GetFeature is not of that version. I guess that clients which are doing schema validation may fail because of that and namespace for gml should poit to
<import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml" schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.1/base/gml.xsd"/>

Anyway, perhaps it would more reliable to use the defaults, WFS 1.0.0 + gml2 or WFS 1.1.0 + gml3. Have you a good reason to mix those two?

-Jukka Rahkonen-