[mapserver-users] displaying 3-band images

David Hildebrand David.Hildebrand at afsc.ca
Tue Dec 7 18:56:28 EST 2010

I have a TIFF image I want to display.  The image is a 3-band 8-bit
image.  The server logs show no error but my display is coming out
blank.  I am using ms4w with GDAL support so I'm not sure what is going
wrong here.  A sample of the mapfile is shown below.  I get a parsing
error if I include IMAGEMODE "RGB" in the layer definition.  Any
suggestions?

LAYER

  NAME "awifs"

  PROCESSING "BANDS=3,2,1"

  PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO"

  METADATA

    "wms_title" "awifs"

    "wms_opaque" "1"

    "ows_resolution" "56 56"

    "wms_srs" "EPSG:43001"

    "wms_extent" "-701344.000 -417256.000 803040.000 711368.000"

    "wcs_srs" "EPSG:43001"

    "wcs_extent" "-701344.000 -417256.000 803040.000 711368.000"

  END

  STATUS on

  TYPE raster

  DATA "//Plcoressatsb01/AWiFS/initial_delivery/images/July.tif"

  PROJECTION

    "init=epsg:43001"

  END

  EXTENT -701344.000 -417256.000 803040.000 711368.000

  UNITS meters

END

===========================
David V. Hildebrand
Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
(403) 782-8239

www.afsc.ca <about:www.afsc.ca>  <http://www.afsc.ca
<http://www.afsc.ca/> >
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it
is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged
information. Please contact Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any
communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted
or destroyed. Please consider the environment before printing this
email.

  _____