[mapserver-users] print config question / pdf-layers

adams adams at terrestris.de
Thu Dec 9 03:20:19 EST 2010

Dear Mapfishers,

I have a question regarding the pdf output of the print-module. We have
a mapping client with external wms such as orthophotos and internal wms
with some kinds thematic maps.

The print works fine but... somebody found out, that it is possible to
switch the layers off inside the pdf (e.g. using adobe viewer, as the
customers do) - which causes a legal problem with the terms of use of
the external data. They must be delivered in a print inseperable
together with the thematic maps. (Of course I know I can take the
external wms out of the application and print it seperated from the rest
of the data somewhere else, but this is not my problem ... the problem
is more ... let's say political ;-) )

So my question is, is there a config-method which forces the print
module to put all layers in one image first and then puts this into the
pdf or is there a possibility to disable to view the seperate layers
inside the Pdf?

Best regards,
Till

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG