[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo - get wms_title

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Wed Dec 15 13:44:14 EST 2010

Hi daniel,
It seems that only the parameter NAME of the LAYER key is used by
getFeatureInfo. the wms_name of the METADATA is not used.
I tried to set wms_layername in the METADATA but I get an error and no
response. I tried with wms_layer_name and the query's result still returns
LAYER NAME

Steve

Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
2010-12-15 12:16

mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
cc

Objet
Re: [mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo - get wms_title

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca wrote:

> Hi,
> I use INFO_FORMAT=gml for a GetFeatureInfo request. It works, but I
> would like to get the wms_title instead of the layers name.
>
> In the UI people are seeing the title not the name. Showing the name of
> a layer is useless in our context.
> Is it possible to retreive the wms_title if it exists?

It seems that there is a nice undocumented feature to do what you want
(I found it in the code just now):

Add a "wms_layername" metadata to your layer definition and this value
will be used as the layer name in the GetFeatureInfo GML output. (The
default is to use the layer name + "_layer" (e.g. "parks_layer" for a
layer named "parks")

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette