[mapserver-users] OGR data layer type - points and lines

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Fri Dec 17 16:10:12 EST 2010

Steve,

I need to do some more testing before I can report a bug.  I have both OSGEO4W and MS4W installed on this machine and I was actually using the MapServer (5.4) from MS4W.  I want to get a clean install and test before reporting this as a bug.

I have a Spatialite point layer (turtle_points) that that draws using an OGR connection.

In an attempt to simplify the problem of drawing a line layer that is generated on the fly, I tried to flop my point data to WKB and draw that.

When I use this SQL for my data statement, I get a MapServer crash too.
select AsBinary(geometry) from turtle_points

I have playing with Spatialite for some time now, but hadn't yet combined my interests in MapServer and Spatialite.  I will continue to play with this over time when I can.

If anyone else has been experimenting with Spatialite dbs as data sources for MapServer, I would love to hear about it.

David.