[mapserver-users] DATA and SUBSET keywords

Stephan Legere geosigmat at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 20 09:17:14 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I’m a newbie using MapServer and, writing my map file, I come to a problem which
seems unsolvable to me: I would like to represent only some features from a
shapefile, based on a simple SQL statement between the attributes of the
respective shapefile. I tried to use the map file exported from Qgis which looks
like:
…
LAYER
    NAME 'SCTA_perm_6'
    TYPE POLYGON
    DUMP true
    DATA 'locaux_etj6_poly.shp'|layerid=0|subset="unite" LIKE 'SCTA' AND
"dur_occ" LIKE 'permanent''
    STATUS OFF
    TRANSPARENCY 100
…
but it is not working: loadLayer(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near
(|):(line 464)

I tried to find some detailed information or examples using DATA and(or) SUBSET
keywords but I didn’t found something useful. So, can anyone explain me what is
wrong, how to do this or where to find some documentation on this.

Thank you in advance.

Stephan