[mapserver-users] crash on SYMBOL

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Dec 21 14:25:44 EST 2010

Bart,

Is "604310017" a symbol name? If you add quotes around it in the mapfile
then the entry should be treated as a symbol name and the seg fault
would go away, can you verify that?

I suspect the integer value 604310017 (without quotes) is treated as an
index and used to access the array of symbols without bounds checking.
Please file a ticket and we'll have a look.

Daniel

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> we have some faulty MAP files, which did not crash MS 5.2, however they do
> seem to crash MS trunk.
>
> It results in a segfault (e.g. in a WMS GetCapabilities request) when we
> use e.g.
>
> SYMBOL 604310017
>
> Any idea what has changed in the meantime to cause this to segfault?
>
> TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Daniel Morissette