[mapserver-users] gml_exclude_items in mapfile

Steven Knight skk at sr.unh.edu
Thu Dec 23 13:10:09 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm working on a project which is trying to use gml_exclude_items.  The
documentation [1] states that "A comma delimited list of items to exclude".
Because of the documentation I changed my mapfile to exclude some items:

    GML_EXCLUDE_ITEMS "gid", "cmpxname", "orgname", "the_geom"

But when I access this mapfile get the following error in my MS_ERRORFILE:

[Thu Dec 23 13:05:40 2010].166173 loadHashTable(): Unknown identifier. Parsing
error near (,):(line 107)

Here is the mapserver version information:

$ ./mapserv -v

MapServer version 5.6.5 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

What am i doing wrong?  Does mapserver support a comma delimited list of items
as its documentation suggestions?

Thanks,

1) http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#wms-server