[mapserver-users] mouseover with mapserver...?

adams adams at terrestris.de
Wed Feb 10 12:22:22 EST 2010

Chris,

this is more a client side implementation. OpenLayers e.g. offers
functionalities to implement sth. like that, theres also a Mapbender
tool which is able to deal with that. I think it's worth to have a look
for your client, in which you want to represent your maps.

I am not aware at any mapscript-mapserver functionality doing that, but
I personally never used that part of mapserver....

What you see in your link is also a kind of webmapping-client (usually
defined as a template in the mapfile), you can look behind if you browse
the source code of that site.

Regards, Till

Chris Green wrote:

> Hi all
>

> I am using ms4w and have managed to make a number of maps work really
> well. However one thing I would really like to implement is a
> mouseover function which indicates and/or highlights features without
> requiring a click. There is a link to a good example of this on the
> Mapserver website:
> http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv48?map=/usr/local/www/docs_maps/eco/rsg/search/search_example.map&qlayer=county&mode=nquery&searchmap=true
> <http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv48?map=/usr/local/www/docs_maps/eco/rsg/search/search_example.map&qlayer=county&mode=nquery&searchmap=true>
>

> It is probably my lack of web/javascript design experience but  the
> fact is that I have totally failed to make any kind of  mouseover work
> with mapserver. Can anyone provide the source code of something that
> works?
>

> Chris

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Irmintrudisstrasse 17