[mapserver-users] MapScript wrapper for WxS

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Wed Feb 17 04:16:08 EST 2010

Hello

On a CentOS5, 64 bit machine I have a basic WMS through CGI, which runs
fine.

I'm trying to wrap this in a PHP script, like in
http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/mapscript.html:
----
<?php
$request = ms_newOwsrequestObj();
$numValues = $request->loadparams();
/*exampple on how to modify the parameters :
 forcing the version from 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 */
$request->setParameter("map","/data/sites/gisclient/mapset/map/wms_reti.map");

(...)
----

Logging to file I see that it is stops when calling loadparams(). It
returns a document with 0 bytes.

On the same installation, the following Python wrapper gives the correct
Capabilities document:

----
#!/usr/bin/python

import mapscript

req = mapscript.OWSRequest()
req.loadParams()

map = mapscript.mapObj( '/data/sites/gisclient/mapset/map/wms_reti.map' )
map.OWSDispatch( req )
----
.

MapServer is 5.6.1. Trying on a machine with 5.2.2, the PHP script
fails, too.

Is there anything I am missing, here?

Thanks,

Peter