[mapserver-users] Comparison

JOvi spacejovi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:29:20 EST 2010

Hello,

I am very new to MapServer and am currently studying GIS info system. I am
wondering whether you could help me getting an overview and comparison of
some of the Servers such as MapServer, GeoServer and Deegree.

I've gone through the documentation of these Servers and the presentation of
FOSS4G conferences. What I've got is that these servers are similar to each
other, regarding the functionality and features. (I am probably wrong about
this). And I still don't help a clear picture of these projects. For
example, what's the strength and weakness of each server in some particular
scenario? Or why would people choose MapServer over GeoServer? I guess I
could never answer these questions without ever using them, right? Could
anyone of you give me some help or tips on this?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Jovi