[mapserver-users] Highlighting symbols dynamically on a point layer using C# mapscript

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:38:04 EST 2010

Sireesha,

Assuming the mapObj.drawQuery method is not appropriate for you (as you
intend to use a custom symbol for highlighting), you might want to create a
new layer on the top of the map, such as:

layer = new layerObj(map);
layer.name = "overlay layer";
layer.status = mapscript.MS_ON;
layer.type = MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_POINT;
classObj newclass = new classObj(layer);
newclass.name = "Cosmetic";
styleObj style = new styleObj(newclass);
style.setSymbolByName(map, "symbolname");

then you should populate this layer with the selection data:

querylayer.open();
resultCacheObj results = querylayer.getResults();
if (results != null && results.numresults > 0)
{
       resultCacheMemberObj res;
       shapeObj feature;
       for (int j = 0; j < results.numresults; j++)
       {
                res = results.getResult(j);
                feature = querylayer.getFeature(res.shapeindex,
res.tileindex);
                if (feature != null)
                      layer.addFeature(feature);
       }