[mapserver-users] WFS query problem (MS 5.0)

James Perrins james.perrins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 04:39:21 EST 2010

Hi Bart,

I imagine you've thought of these (and from your post that you are
sure that your WFS request is valid - and that it should be returning
data) - but just in case:

- Does this happen all the time - or only on some areas / requests ?
We have had issues with certain more complex gemometry types - or some
geometries that are questionably formed

- Where is the data coming from ?
We've had issues with data sources that can supply mixed geometry
types - or even I think grouped layers where it included perhaps
points for one zoom level and polygons for another

Sorry - can't help with version numbers - don't keep track of that
stuff too carefully

Good luck

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at osgis.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I need someone with a good memory on Mapserver history :-)
> I am running into what I believe is an old bug in Mapserver WFS,
> unfortunately we are still running an old MS 5.0.0.
> When doing a WFS query and one of the layers returns an error (like no
> matching records found), no feature collection is returned but only the
> error message.
> Can someone remember this bug, and also if there is a workaround, if no
> workaround then in what version was this fixed? TIA.
>
> <ServiceExceptionReport
> xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/OGC-exception.xsd">
>   <ServiceException>
> msQueryByRect(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.
>   </ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Dr James Perrins
exeGesIS SDM Ltd
Great House Barn
New Street, Talgarth
Powys LD3 0AH.
Direct Line: 01646 686650
Tel: 01874 711145
Fax: 01874 711156
Email: JamesP at esdm.co.uk

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, the E-mail and any
files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying,
distribution or other use of the information contained in them is
strictly prohibited.

Nothing in this E-mail message amounts to a contractual or other legal
commitment on the part of exeGesIS SDM Ltd unless confirmed by a
signed communication.

exeGesIS SDM Ltd will make every effort to keep its network free of
viruses. However, the recipient of this message will need to scan this
message, and any attachments, for viruses, as exeGesIS SDM Ltd can
take no responsibility for any computer virus that might be
transferred by this e-mail.