[mapserver-users] How do I have a polygon with an outline with a width?

Andreas Douvalis anddreas2 at yahoo.gr
Tue Jan 5 14:59:55 EST 2010

I test chameleon 2.6 with Mapserver 5.4 and I have problem with Polygons Symbols.

I have already  altered my Symbol.sym file to start with  "SYMBOLSET" and finish with "END".

 In fact  I have problem only with polygons and their WIDTH. Lines and points works perfect.

it seems like mapserver can not read Symbol.sym  for polygons.

Here is a part of Layer section in map file:

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAYER
    NAME "Perifereies"
    GROUP "Διοικητικά Όρια"
    STATUS OFF
    DATA "C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\samples\dataGreek\Dioikitika\Perifereies"
    TYPE POLYGON
    UNITS METERS
    LABELITEM "NAME"
    METADATA
      wms_name "Περιφέρειες"
      wms_title  "Περιφέρειες"
      SPATIALSEARCH "NAME,Έδρα_Περιφ,POP_1991_,POP_2001_,Embad_km2"
      SPATIALSEARCHLIST "NAME,Έδρα_Περιφ,POP_1991_,POP_2001_,Embad_km2"
    END
    TEMPLATE "Perifereies.dbf"
    CLASS
      NAME "Perifereies"
      STYLE
        SYMBOL "circle"
        SIZE 3
        COLOR 12 112 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 112 255
        WIDTH 5
      END
    END
END

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I dont use '..........SYMBOL "circle".........' and I write :

  STYLE
        COLOR 12 112 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 112 255
        WIDTH 5
     END

 everything is ok  but then  I cannot control outline width.

Regarding the outputformat here is the part of my map file:

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME 'AGG_Q'
    DRIVER AGG/PNG
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=OFF"
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
END

I HAVE ALREADY CHECK THE ABOVE LINK BUT THERE IS NO CHANGE REGARDING THE OUTLINE WIDTH

http://mapserver.org/faq.html#how-do-i-have-a-polygon-that-has-both-a-fill-and-an-outline-with-a-width

ANY HELP PLEASE

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;