[mapserver-users] Can I set class name in mapfile to Chinese?

王连波 happyforev1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 02:46:20 EST 2010

Hi all,
I use mapserver5.4.0 (PHP+MapScript) with ka-map under FreeBSD Release7.1 .
Firstly, I want to know if it is possible to display Chinese class name in
Legend by MapScript function drawLegend(). When I set my class name to
Chinese characters in my mapfile, the name will become messy codes. I
searched the MapServer website for explanation of Funciton drawLegend,
however, there was only simple two sentences about it. I do not know where I
can find more information about that, how can I make the legend picture
display Chinese characters?
Thank you for any hints.

--
天道酬勤