[mapserver-users] symbol circle (ellipse) rendered not round but oval

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Wed Jan 13 04:05:25 EST 2010

hi David

Im requesting the image through wms indeed.
Though the bbox x/y ratio is exactly the same as the image x/y.
I tried to request the same image directly in cgi, sadely I get exactly the
same problem:

image result in cgi: http://dev.camptocamp.com/~ochriste/cgi.png

(as compared to the wms image http://dev.camptocamp.com/~ochriste/wms.png)

this is the cgi request I used:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapserv -nh
"QUERY_STRING=map=/var/www/veloland/private/veloland/veloland/wms/veloland.map&mode=map&LAYERS=MtblandRoutenNational&mapext=556960+220720+557600+221360&mapsize=256+256"
> cgi.png

I used exactly the same bbox and image size as the wms request:

/wms?FORMAT=image%2Fpng&LAYERS=MtblandRoutenNational&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage&SRS=EPSG%3A21781&BBOX=556960,220720,557600,221360&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

this is when using STYLE 1 20 END or PATTERN 1 20 END for the symbol

when using GAP  the dots are correctly shaped

so I suspect the problem is within the interpretation of STYLE/PATTERN for
the symbol generation ?