[mapserver-users] symbol circle (ellipse) rendered not round but oval

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Jan 14 03:22:57 EST 2010

mmm, I tested a bit and it seems the calculation is more complex than that, as the ellipse size definition of the symbol has also some effect.

style->size 8, "points 6 6 end", "gap 20" => spacing of ~20px between dots
style->size 8, "points 8 8 end", "gap 20" => spacing of ~14px between dots
style->size 10, "points 6 6 end", "gap 20" => spacing of ~26px between dots

I fear I dont understand at all how this is calculated :(