[mapserver-users] COM.Geo 2010: Computing for Geospatial Conference & Exhibition (June 2010 Washington DC)

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 00:34:21 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Andrew Clark <aclark at com-geo.org> wrote:
> COM.Geo 2010: Conference and Exhibition on Computing for Geospatial Research
> and Application (June 2010, Washington DC)
> http://www.com-geo.org

Sounds nice, but...

> COM.Geo 2010 is a leading conference and exhibition on computing for
> geospatial research and application ..

How can COM.Geo [sic] be "a leading conference" when the first one is
still six months in the future? [1] And the front page copy on the web
site has such flowery text that I don't know whether to feel flush
with gratefulness or grimace with bitterness at lost opportunity.
Let's see -- "computing driven location based applications" have not
revolutionized anything with the prominent exception of online mapping
for finding directions, cloud computing is still hot air, and the
hottest term of the 90s was not .com but sex, and still is so.

As always, time will tell.

--
Puneet Kishor