[mapserver-users] handling multiple styles for WMS layers

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Tue Jan 19 09:24:35 EST 2010

Hello Verena,

Verena Diewald <verena.diewald at wheregroup.com>, [20100119 - 14:27:49]

> Hi list,
>
> I have one question concerning style handling in MapServer. Is it
> possible to define multiple layer styles for my WMS and request the
> single styles in the styles parameter in the GetMap request? And how
> are the single styles defined in the layer section of the mapfile?

Have a look at GROUP[1] and CLASSGROUP[2].

This should should give what you want.

Best

	Stephan

[1] http://mapserver.org/mapfile/class.html
[2] http://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998