[mapserver-users] Raster layer as a way of branding

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jan 22 16:47:44 EST 2010

Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> Sure, that's possible too. Just use the image in question as a symbol (e.g. SYMBOL 'mylogo.png') and the same
> strategy should work.
>
> # place a logo in the lower right corner
> LAYER
>   NAME 'logo'
>   TYPE POINT
>   STATUS DEFAULT
>   TRANSFORM LR
>   FEATURE POINTS -10 10 END END
>   CLASS
>     STYLE SYMBOL 'mylogo.png' END
>   END
> END
>
> Or something close to this...
>
> Steve

Steve beat me to it, but I would follow the FAQ example and just add in
a symbol:

LAYER
   NAME "copyright"
   STATUS ON
   TYPE point
   TRANSFORM ll #set the image origin to be lower left
   FEATURE
     POINTS
       60 -10 #set the offset from lower left position in pixels
     END
     #TEXT "� xyz company 2006" #this is your displaying text
   END
   CLASS
     STYLE
       SYMBOL '../etc/mylogo.gif'
     END
   END
   UNITS PIXELS #sets the units for the feature object
END

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna