[mapserver-users] Re: mapserver grib example

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jan 26 08:18:28 EST 2010

kempe wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am also interested in an example like this. Have you found anything?
>
> I would like to be able to plot weather fields from for example a NOAA GFS
> grib file, http://nomad3.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/gfs/rotating/gfs.t00z.pgrbf03
>
> The problem (I think) I have is to get the projection right for the layer I
> create.

Have you read through the GRIB driver page on the GDAL site[1]
thoroughly? If you follow that, as well as the raster howto[2]) you
should be fine.   You might also want to give this email list more
information about your problem (how are you testing, what errors exactly
etc.)  You can also search the gdal-dev email list for similar questions
[3].

[1] http://www.gdal.org/frmt_grib.html
[2] http://mapserver.org/input/raster.html
[3] http://n2.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f2022644.html