[mapserver-users] Fatal error: Call to undefined function (dl)

Murat Beyhan beyhan at deprem.gov.tr
Wed Jan 27 06:01:55 EST 2010

Hi Friends,

I have installed apache 2.2.14 and php 5.3.1

then I have installed mapserver 5.6.1 with phpMapScript module.

I have try to open a phpmapscript file on the server, which was worked
fine for php4, but the following message occured

Fatal error: Call to undefined function dl()
in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/zone/zone30.php on line 3

line 3 in my php file is as follows

dl('php_mapscript.so');

so
I have enabled first dl on the php.ini file

than still this problem couldn't solved and I read php manuals and dl
function was deprecated so I removed that line but this time I faced the
following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ms_GetVersion() in

IT seems php_mapscript module could not install properly...

When I try to use phpinfo_mapscript.phtml
also same problem occured.

in httpd.conf file php loaded and other php pages works fine except than
php mapscript

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so

so I have created a directory under php directory named extensions where
I installed than I put php_mapscript.so into there. Than I write the
path into php.ini file as follows

extension_dir = "/usr/local/httpd/php/extensions"

but still could not open phpmapscript files on the server.

Could you help me please

Murat

believed to be clean.