[mapserver-users] Allowing users to draw polygons on MapServer maps

David Jantzen djantzen at ql2.com
Wed Jul 7 17:19:33 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I've never used MapServer before, so this is definitely a newbie question.  I've read a bunch of the documentation and FAQ, but I haven't yet found a clear answer to this question:

Can I use MapServer to host a map, on which my clients can draw polygons and export them as shapefiles or into a database?  If not, is there another (open source) product that can?

Seems like one of the scripting toolkits could do this, but not without significant custom front end work.

Thanks!
David