[mapserver-users] RE: How to draw custom rectangles with bounding box coordinates

Bob Basques bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Thu Jul 8 02:15:38 EDT 2010

The mapfile is where you need to concentrate first.

You put together a regular LAYER section in the Mapfile, but you'll use
a line like this to define the call to postgis:

DATA "wkb_geometry from <some SQL stuff>"

I've got some better examples, but the MapServer site has some info on
this here:

http://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html

Look at the DATA tag in that page

There's more detail here: