[mapserver-users] WFS Server does not support VERSION 1.1.0

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 03:06:58 EDT 2010

Hi All

I have a situation that I cannot understand. For some time I have been
developing an application using OpenLayers and Mapserver, working on a
Windows platform with Mapserver CGI 5.2.1 that I downloaded as MS4W from
MapTools.org. The application involves a number of WFS searches for which I
have been using WFS 1.1.0 without any problems.

Now I am migrating to a Linux platform in order to get ready for production,
using Fedora. I downloaded the FGS Linux installer from MapTools.org and
have made the application run under this environment. However there is now a
problem with WFS . In response to a post as follows:

<wfs:GetFeature xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs" service="WFS"
version="1.1.0" maxFeatures="100"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><wfs:Query
typeName="feature:Countries_full" srsName="EPSG:4326"
xmlns:feature="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver"><ogc:Filter
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"><ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo
matchCase="true"><ogc:PropertyName>REGION</ogc:PropertyName><ogc:Literal>Eur
ope</ogc:Literal></ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo></ogc:Filter></wfs:Query></wfs:GetF
eature>

I get a response of:

<ServiceExceptionReport

xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/OGC-exception.xsd">

  <ServiceException>

msWFSDispatch(): WFS server error. WFS Server does not support VERSION
1.1.0.

  </ServiceException>

</ServiceExceptionReport>

If I modify the WFS protocol to 1.0.0 I don't get the error, but I don't get
any results either. This is the case for all of the WFS searches in the
application, although they still work fine under MS4W. Can anyone help me
see what I am doing wrong?

Chris