[mapserver-users] scale problem: SCALEDENOM + MAPEXT / {MIN|MAX}SCALEDENOM

easyl thlin.box at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 07:18:42 EDT 2010

Actually there are two questions:

1. how is the inclusive or exclusive compassion of parameters MIN and
MAXSCALEDENOM?
    after trying I found that a scale is compared to those parameters with
following logic:
    MINSCALEDENOM  <=  scale < MAXSCALEDENOM
    is that right? I find no info from documentation.

2. Must I use SCALEDENOM of CGI parameter always with MAPXY?
    Can I pass SCALEDENOM with MAPEXT? (seems not)
    I do want to have a map in a specified extent (x1 y1 x2 y2) with just
different scaling.
    How can I achieve that?

thank!