[mapserver-users] WFS Server does not support VERSION 1.1.0

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 9 16:19:44 EDT 2010

Chris Green wrote:
> Daniel
>
> You hit the nail on the head...I had blindly followed the example and
> downloaded Mapserver 5.0.2. I suppose that does not support WFS version
> 1.1.0, which caused my problem.
>
> It should have been simple to re-download Mapserver 5.6.3, but actually I
> found that all attempts to download using:
>
> wget http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/1.0/1.0.0/self-installers/
> fgs-mapserver_basic_5.6.3-fgs_9.5-linux-i386.bin
>
> failed with a 404 page not found error. Probably caused by my embarrassing
> lack of Linux knowledge - could I trouble you to guide me one more time to
> solve how to download the latest file please?

The latest release of FGS is 9.5. The available installers are at
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/9.5/self-installers/

So in your case you could use
wget
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/9.5/self-installers/fgs-mapserver_basic_5.6.3-fgs_9.5-linux-i386.bin

Note that we just released MapServer 5.6.4 this morning, so after
installing FGS you should upgrade your mapserver version to 5.6.4. I
haven't done this in a while myself, but if I'm not mistaken, according
to http://www.maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=install.html you should
have to do something like the following:

  cd /path/to/fgs
  . setenv.sh
  fgs stop
  fgs force-install mapserver-base:5.6.4
  fgs force-install mapserver-php:5.6.4
  fgs start

If the command above does not find the package source, you may have to
specify the URL to get it from as the last argument, e.g.:

fgs force-install mapserver-base:5.6.4
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/9.5/modules/

Daniel
--