[mapserver-users] WFS Filter encoding . . . Anyone know what the Units list for DWithin that MapServer honors?

Blammo bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Sun Jul 11 18:02:21 EDT 2010

More info,

Using this service call:

https://www.sharedgeo.org/MNGEO-ro/public/ows?SERVICE=wfs&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=getFeature&TYPENAME=layer_3&FILTER=%3CFilter%3E%3CDWithin%3E%3CPropertyName%3EGeometry%3C/PropertyName%3E%3Cgml:Point%3E%3Cgml:coordinates%3E-93.093,44.955%3C/gml:coordinates%3E%3C/gml:Point%3E%3CDistance%20units=%27f%27%3E0.0438%3C/Distance%3E%3C/DWithin%3E%3C/Filter%3E

I tried, FT, FEET, Ft, ft, Feet and f, (this last, the "f" is the only
thing that changed the results, but it only increased the return from
three to six points):

I used the same unit distance of 0.0438, which the majority of time
returns three points. These points in ground units are actually within
~2360ft of each other.  I have no idea how the 0.0438 number relates to
that.  Is it possibly related to the LAT/LON coordinate system?

This is working enough for me to get through my current stage of
development, I'm just trying to get a handle on how the filter units are
supposed to relate to the map units.  Maybe DWithin has a PROJ option or
something??

Thanks

bobb