[mapserver-users] OGC filtering on date fields

Huizer, G.J. G.Huizer at gw.rotterdam.nl
Thu Jul 15 03:19:38 EDT 2010

Hi list,

During some tests with OGC-filters in Mapserver, we where not able to
use the "PropertyIsGreaterThan"  or "PropertyIsLessThan" on date fields.
In the manual of mapserver we found that date fields are interpreted as
a "strings". I also understood that it is not possible to use the <, >,
<=, >= on a "string" so I guess that is where the problem lies.

Is there an other way that we can use these operators on a date fields?
(I'm guessing something in the mapfile needs to be added to tell
Mapserver that the field is a date field or something...).

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in adance!

Cheers,

Geert