[mapserver-users] Reg:- Connecting Mapserver with Oracle Spatialusing asp.net

venkat ven.tammineni at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 09:05:00 EDT 2010

Dear All,

  Which Mapserver version is supporting Oracle Spatial. I have tried for
Mapserver 5.7.It is saying below message

C:\Program Files\FWTools2.4.7\bin>mapserv -v
MapServer version 5.7-dev OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=S
VG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=W
MS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=S
OS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OG
R INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

   Please let me know which mapserver version is supporting Oracle Spatial
or at least how to use OGR connector for oracle.I tried both OGR and Oracle
Native connectors.

1)  If  i test in Oracle Spatial Native connector I am getting error called
" Version is not supported"

2) If  i test in OGR connection with oracle i am getting error called "Open
failed for OGR connection in layer"

 I do not know where i am doing wrong.

Please let me know I am waiting for your great response.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat