[mapserver-users] Problem querying MapInfo TAB files (5.6.3 CGI)

Peter Goulborn petergoulborn at astuntechnology.com
Thu Jul 29 04:24:53 EDT 2010

Hello,

Has anyone else come across an issue with Mapserver CGI returning the
wrong records from a MapInfo Tab file when using NQUERY?  Or know what
might be causing it?

I've got a couple of installations of 5.6.3 where this is happening, the
files affected contain POLYGON geometries which Mapserver draws
correctly, and when I do the nquery on a point with a tolerance
sufficient to cover a nuber of polygons I get the right number of
records found but the wrong field data.  As far as I can tell the fields
are always coming back in the order in which they are stored in the
MapInfo data table.

If I convert the files to Shapefile format with OGR2OGR then the queries
work correctly.

--
Peter Goulborn