[mapserver-users] what is the way to get feature info inmapserver?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Jul 29 14:01:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

Apache access log file is logging all the incoming requests. With MS4W installation it is in [drive]:\ms4w\apache\logs\access.log. It is wasting your time to do anything else now before having a look on the log. Next go and fire GetFeatureInfo requests manually with a browser. Edit requests with text editor and you will have a full control on what is happening. Once you know that Mapserver side is OK you can continue to OpenLayers side and make it to send proper requests.

I have not used GetFeatureInfo a lot but I think that there is something mixed now. If you want text/plain infoformat then a real html template is not needed nor used. The template file must exist but it does not need to contain anything else than the magic string to pass the validation.  It you want to use the template then the outputformat is text/html.

I did sent my answer to the mailing list as well, I suppose it will appear sooner or later in the thread.

-Jukka-