[mapserver-users] MapScript resultsGetShape confusion

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jun 1 13:27:35 EDT 2010

Christian Jauvin wrote:

> The solution I found is to replace the call to resultsGetShape by a
> call to getFeature:
>
> shp = layer.getFeature(res.shapeindex)
>
> but then the fact that it works contradicts your explanation, so I am
> even more confused I guess!

It is possible that for shapefiles, the ids are still the same between
the two methods, that would explain why getFeature() still works for
you, but doesn't explain why Python's resultsGetShape() fails.

However, I know that with most other connection types (other than
shapefile), the shape index returned by a resultset are different from
the absolute shape index.

About the Python issue, if you can file a ticket with a small testcase
to reproduce (data + mapfile + exact steps to reproduce) then one of us
could try to have a look.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette