[mapserver-users] MapScript resultsGetShape confusion

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jun 1 14:22:38 EDT 2010

Christian Jauvin wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
>> About the Python issue, if you can file a ticket with a small testcase to
>> reproduce (data + mapfile + exact steps to reproduce) then one of us could
>> try to have a look.
>
> I just checked using the latest "python-mapscript 5.6.3-2~lucid1"
> package from UbuntuGIS, and it has the same issue. So it's not just
> MS4W beta 11.
>
> However given that the problem occurs only while using a PostGIS
> connection, how should I package my bug ticket?

Errr... sorry, all that time I thought you were using shapefiles.

If you're using postgis then the fact that getFeature() still works
doesn't make sense (or shouldn't anyway).

Perhaps set DEBUG 5 in your mapfile and layer and look in the debug
output at the query that is sent to PostGIS and that causes the app to hang.

(http://www.mapserver.org/optimization/debugging.html)

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette